What is a divisor?
A Divisor is a number that can divide another number without remainders. An integer q (greater than zero) is a divisor of r if the result s has no decimals. This means that when you multiply q and s, the result will be r. A divisor has to be greater than zero because any number divided by zero is zero. Therefore, the divisors of 39981 are the numbers that can divide 39981 without a remainder.
How to calculate the divisors of 39981
Let us look at how to find the Divisors of 39981. To find the Divisors of 39981, you need to divide it by all the integers equal or less than 39981 but greater than zero. We already know that 39981 is a divisor of itself because when you divide 39981 and 39981, you will get 1. If any number results in a number with a remainder, we will ignore it.
39981÷ 1 = 39981
39981 ÷ 2 = 19990.5
39981 ÷ 3 = 13327
39981 ÷ 4 = 9995.25
39981 ÷ 5 = 7996.2
and so on until 39981 ÷ 39981 = 1
After dividing all the numbers, select only the numbers without a remainder.
The Divisors of 39981 are:
1, 3, 13327, 39981
Important terms in division
Division refers to the process of splitting groups equally. You need to understand four terms in the division. These terms are Dividend, Divisor, Remainder, and Quotient.
Dividend– This refers to a number being divided.
Divisor – This is the number that the dividend is being divided within a formula
Quotient– This is the result you get after dividing the dividend with the divisor.
Remainder– This refers to the remaining values if the divisor cannot divide the divinded evenly.
- 1 is a divisor of every number greater than 0
- For all perfect squares such as 64, the number of divisors will be an odd number. Conversely, if it’s not a perfect square, then the number of divisors will be an even number
- If the dividend and quotient are equal, then the divisor is always 1
- If the dividend and divisor are equal, then the quotient is always 1
- If the Remainder is greater than 0, then Divisor= (Dividend-Remainder)
- The divisor is always greater than the Remainder
- If the dividend is smaller than the divisor, then the result will be a decimal
- The Remainder can be less, equal, or greater to the quotient
Check the Divisors of another Number