40 ÷ 3 = 13 Remainder 1
There are four parts of division that will help you understand how to calculate the quotient and remainder of 40 divided by 3
4 parts of Division
The dividend is the number that is being divided
In our case, 40 is the dividend
The divisor is the number dividing the dividend
In our case, 3 is the divisor
The quotient is the result obtained from dividing the dividend by the divisor
In our case, 13 is the Quotient
The remainder is part of the dividend that is left after division. The remainder cannot be divided equally by the divisor. It is usually denoted by R. If the Dividend can be split equally to the divisor then the remainder is zero.
In our case, 1 is the remainder
How to calculate Quotient and Remainder of 40 divided by 3 using long division
To calculate both quotient and Remainder you need to use the long division method. The image below contains steps to find the Quotient and Remainder of 40 divided by 3 using Long division:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is 40 divided by 3 as a decimal?
2. What is 40 divided by 3 as a fraction?
3. What is 40 divided by 3 as a percentage?
4. What is the quotient of 40 divided by 3?
5. What is the remainder of 40 divided by 3?
6. What is the Quotient and Remainder of 40 divided by 3?
13 Remainder 1
Quotient and Remainder Calculator